Credit Manager - Leeds - to £45,000 + Benefits
Credit Manager required for my Leeds based client, working close to the city centre. Joining the finance team, you will manage the Credit function in the utilities sector, primarily focussing on SME clients and consumer credit and collections. You will provide direction, management and continual development for the Credit Control teams, and drive improvements in efficiency of the department processes. This is a relatively new and fest growing side of the business.
Key Duties include;
- Ensuring full validation and accuracy of cash collection transactions.
- Day to day planning and operation of the Credit Control Team, ensuring all collection processes are optimised and costs minimised.
- Direction and development of the Credit Control team.
- Business partner role for the SSC, ensuring that the correct levels of work are allocated, targets are achieved, and debt is collected in a timely manner.
- Ultimate responsibility for customer disputes, legal disputes including insolvency, minimising risk and maximising cost recovery.
- Implementation and development of service levels with both internal and external customers.
- Adherence to internal processes, delegations and risk frameworks.
- Compliance with industry and financial obligations.
- Provision and involvement in tender responses as necessary for the Credit Control function.
- Negotiation and liaison as appropriate with third parties acting as company representative where appropriate, including disconnections.
- Support of vulnerable customers, with appropriate debt pathways and the provision of excellent customer service.
- Direct Debit processes and the resolution of payment issues for customers.
Although this role is part of the larger finance team, the Senior Credit Manager will need to be able to work with a high level of autonomy and will be able to demonstrate the ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic environment. It is essential that you have a strong background in credit management and experience within the energy/utilities sector would also be an advantage, although not essential. Consumer collections experience is essential.
You will be an excellent communicator and will be self-motivated, results focused and highly analytical. You will be committed to a high standard of performance and will drive to achieve continuous improvement. It is important that you can effectively influence others and will be able to manage your own time effectively and efficiently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking business who value their employees and believe in continuous personal development. In return you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.